Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Divorce: Yelling and Jailing!


Have you heard about the latest trend from Paris? No, I am not referring to the latest fashion trend! Instead, I am referring to the new French law which apparently criminalizes yelling at your spouse! Believe it or not, the new law, which purportedly attempts to outlaw "psychological violence," can lead to fines, restraining orders, and even jail time for violators in that country.
In my opinion, this is just another one of those "good ideas," on paper, which don't actually work in real life. For instance, it will, in most cases, be difficult to prove it occurred and it will always be virtually impossible to enforce. Moreover, it will inevitably lead to all sorts of subjective interpretations about what constitutes illegal yelling, or "psychological violence." On the other hand, wouldn't it be nice to call the police and get "Sluggo," your worthless spouse, locked up the next time he yells at you?!
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Amazing post! I totally love ou site. I'm sure I'd visit here more often. Anyway, feel free to drop by my site as well. It's about valentines day gift ideas for him. Catch you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yelling to a life's partner can put one in jail? Good idea indeed! Problem is, where would all the projected number of lawbreakers be housed? I believe they'll have their hands full of cases and the prison house full of convicted spouses. Thanks, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete